Thursday 19 February 2015

After Ten Years, Popular Singer, D'banj Tell His Story

dbanjWith an enviable career spanning 10 years, Dapo Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has every reason to be grateful to his maker for the impact he has made on the sand of time as an entertainer.
In a chat with WG, the self-proclaimed Banga lee opens up on the highpoint of his ten years sojourn in the world of music.
“My first single came out October 2004 .My first album was released in march 2005 and as at that time I always say I was an entertainer and I hoped and prayed that I will be the biggest to come out of Africa. I will be a businessman, you know you always have different types of dreams. It’s been a great journey in 10 years and when I count my blessings, I see that God has been so faithful. There are places that I have been to, that I never thought about. Though, I dream big, I have performed on some stages I never thought I would dare to”, he says.
When asked what he considers the highpoint of his career , he says: “ The high point of my career will be last year when I gave a speech at the World Bank Tedex .That for me was different ,because it had nothing to do with music. Being on that platform with those caliber of people, showed that you are not just an artiste, but also representing a generation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us have your comment.